cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband

Hi I've just gone to upgrade my broadband for a cheaper one. It's the Fibre 1. What I need to know is do I have to have an engineer calling and putting up boxes. I live in a council house and I'm not sure if this is allowed. Also I went through checkout before realising this so I didn't click on confirm does this mean my order is cancelled. Thank you 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband

@Alison65 I believe you can relax, assuming there exists a phone line in the home. Fibre 1 is broadband using the SmartHub 2 which can be located close by and connected to the main phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Carlusha  is correct. Fibre 1 has been self install for a few years now providing you have an active phone line.

Message 4 of 7

Hi thank you for the quick response. I wonder what I was about to order then as I have an existing phone line which was put in when I started with BT. It says something about getting some sort of phone. Then the engineer may have to put a box in near the hub plus he may have to install a box outside to thread the fibre cable through. So I don't know what I was about to buy I'll have to go back and see what mistake I have made. I wanted to try and cut my broadband bill as after my previous contract ended the price went up and this one said I could cut my bill by at least £5. 

Thank you again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Sounds like you ordered Full Fibre rather than Fibre1

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Check exactly how it's described. If it's described a Full Fibre 1 then it will be FTTP & require an Openreach visit. If so it's likely that copper sales have ended on your exchange.

rbz5416_0-1657745885541.png

Message 7 of 7

Check with the Council of course but I would be very surprised if they had any objections to an installation of this kind.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings