cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Can I check if I am capped?

Go to solution

Hi all,

Had BT for a few years now - always had solid 40MB sync.

Upgraded to Halo 3 + and had some issues, which finally turned out to be a router problem - but while the BT engineer was here he said he thought the line has been capped at 40MB hence the speed never changing.

The package I am on should be uncapped, but it made me wonder if what he said was true as the speed has always been a perfect 40MB - no more and no less, so if it was capped from a previous package, I wonder if it was ever removed?

Is there any way I can check without raising another ticket? (contract says speed is uncapped)

Thanks in advance,

Mick

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Can I check if I am capped?

Go to solution

If you post a screenshot of your hub stats and the result from the checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL we can probably tell.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks very much for looking...

Looking up by telephone number says I am not on a BT line (have been for years)

mick1966_1-1644838996449.png

but by address shows the following...

mick1966_0-1644838874167.png

Router stats..

mick1966_2-1644839079180.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Can you post the full stats please Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks again!

mick1966_0-1644840172576.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

ck for noise on your line, 17070 option 2, should be silent, best with corded phone. You may get a dull hum with wireless.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

can you check MYBT and see what package you are supposed to be on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

no noise at all - Engineer two days ago also ran checks and it was silent and his tester showed 40MB as well - it was then he made the remark he thought it was capped.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Yes, you are capped at 40M, it could either be by DLM due to line problems or your line has been mis-provisioned.

If you have been getting disconnections or noise as @pippincp  says, it will be DLM capping your line to improve stability.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

do you have digital voice as that would explain why dslchecker does not work with phone number?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings