cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Cannot get an exchange reset for sudden drop from 70 Mbps to 24 Mbps

@PaddyBwrote:

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Been and done that.

Thanks to your intervention, there has clearly been some magic intervention. The line speed went from 24 to 48 Mbps overnight. Still not the 72.46 that Speedtest reports as my Highest Speed, but getting there.

Many thanks for the help I received here. It is a pity that it took so much faffing around to prove what I knew from the start. (I see these events from time to time, maybe every six months or so.) There was a problem well outside my premises.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

@pippincpwrote:

Likely a Qube engineer, Worse than useless.

This is the first time that I have encountered what seems to be a new system at BT.

Your description flatters my experience. In the past I could start reporting an incident like this and it would lead through to someone from OpenReach checking the system.

I haven't needed a home visit in many years. (Once they found the cover of the connection from the house to the network up a pole.)

Even the OpenReach technicians complain about contractors. Apparently, they have a habit of breaking things when they work in the OpenReach cabinets.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

@pippincpwrote:

Well, we found them excellent at replacing our old wall socket for a (cough, cough) superb Openreach 5C model!

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 24

@Carlushawrote:

@pippincpwrote:

Well, we found them excellent at replacing our old wall socket for a (cough, cough) superb Openreach 5C model!

I was surprised, and somewhat dismayed, to see that BT labelled this poor soul as an "engineer". They should not hand out that tag unless someone has spent at least three years on an engineering degree or apprenticeship.

I would even call this one a technician, more a handyman.