cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Connected to WiFi, no internet

Hope someone can help

two days ago I woke up and found that my internet had randomly stopped working. Was fine the night before.

I can connect devices to the wifi, but can’t actually use the internet. Nothing loads on my devices etc

spoke to someone over the phone who had attempted to restart the router from their end but it wouldn’t come through.

an engineer is coming out next week but that’s a long wait, has anyone experienced this before? If so what did the issue end up being?

cheers

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Connected to WiFi, no internet

Have you tried rebooting your hub

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 seconds until hub lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

What colour light is the hub?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Yeah I’ve tried the usual reboot, turn off and in etc. nothings worked
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Yeah I’ve tried that, still nothing
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Solid blue

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

from what you have posted you need to phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and ask for replacement hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Q1ramsey 
Yay, not just me then 😂 
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (Yes, it is older than God) and it has always connected to the internet with no problems until this Wednesday (21st Sept) and then it was recognising my hub but wouldn't connect to the internet. All my other gadgets i.e. mobile phone, laptop and Kindle Fire are still able to connect to the internet with no problem whatsoever.
I Googled the problem and tried every suggestion e.g. reboots (router and tablet), clearing cache and browsing history, removing hub from device and re-adding it etc but nothing helped.
 The only 'fix' I (accidentally) found that worked is that when you try to open a page on the internet is gives an error message about 'not being able to connect to BT wifi' and has a button below that that states 'connect'. If you press this it takes you to the BT WiFi login page (don't forget to select BT Broadband in the drop down list on the left and not BT Wifi when you login otherwise it doesn't work) and once you have logged in then it seems to connect your device to the internet. Unfortunately this isn't a permanent fix and you will have to do this whenever needed.
Not sure why this has started happening unless BT has recently sent an update to the hubs that is causing this problem with certain devices.
I hope this helps even if only temporarily 😁 x x

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@Q1ramsey 
OK, so I had a 'DOH' 🙄 moment earlier today (I would say a light bulb moment but that burnt out a long time ago! 😂) and realised that my tablet was actually trying to connect to a BT Wifi hotspot instead of my home hub 😤 and this was why I was getting an internet connection problem. I don't know why this happened as it just decided to do it for some reason. So I went into my Wifi settings and after 'ignoring' the BT Wifi connection and then connecting my tablet back to my hub it has been working as per normal and hasn't lost the connection since.
Just something really easy to check and maybe the answer to the problem you are experiencing 😁

0 Ratings