cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Considering getting BT broadband but have some questions

Go to solution

so I currently live in a house with quite a lot of people. We already have sky wifi however have issues getting a good speed on it due to where the box is located. I’m wondering is it possible to get BT for myself and my partner without causing any issues to the other internet for the rest of the household. It’s worth noting I’m looking at getting the one which is 900mbps I believe. 

would it also be possible to have it set up in my bedroom or will it need to be downstairs.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Considering getting BT broadband but have some questions

Go to solution

A few things.

You could always move the existing router to a better location.

Yes, you could order your own service. You need to ensure that when you place the order the agent understands it is for a completely new line and not a takeover of the existing line.

Without knowing the layout of your property it is impossible to say how the line will be installed. However, you can discuss location of entry with the installer on the day and they will attempt to place it where you would like as long as it is reasonable for them to be able to do so. Bear in mind the ONT (optical modem) where the fibre enters doesn't have to be the same location as the router, you can run up to 100metres of Ethernet cable between the two. The installer, however, will co-locate them, it is up to you to provide any cabling.

Any contract you take out will be for two years and will incur heavy penalties for early termination.

0 Ratings