cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: DNS Issues

Go to solution

Pinging cwmenvironmental.co.uk [2a03:b0c0:1:d0::35a:8001] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 2a03:b0c0:1:d0::35a:8001:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Pinging cwmenvironmental.co.uk [2a03:b0c0:1:d0::35a:8001] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 2a03:b0c0:1:d0::35a:8001:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Actually checking IPv6 accessibility is more convoluted than you might think at first - I didn't want to sound like an old fart lecturing...

Anyhow before even bothering to do a deep dive, sites such as https://dnschecker.org/ are a great way to check on DNS propagation in general and over IPv6 (AAAA records).  Most times IPv6 has ways to fall back to IPv4 compatibility if needed.  Oh and running the "IPvFoo" Chrome extension can also help!  I still can't perform an IPv6 ping on the address, but other than that it all seems easily accessible.  *I can test this using more than one ISP, and I'm not seeing any difference between BT and Virgin.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Not at all @Crimliar, please lecture away, it's helpful.

What a strange issue, at this point I don't even think it's IPv6 because the office can access other sites with the same hosting solution that do not have IPv6 enabled.

It's reported that team members when in the office network either get redirected to the old IP and end up seeing a previous version of the site or get "page can't be reached".

I'll keep investigating if I do find out what the issue is I'll update the thread.

Can't thank you all enough for the help so far.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

It turned out that the location where customers could not access the site had an internal configuration that would resolve itself to the previous IP.

Thank you for the help, everyone.