cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Damaged telephone pole

Our house is now the only one served by an old telephone pole on a construction site.  Pole was damaged by heavy plant.  Line was restored.  Was told that if I upgraded to Halo 3, I could get a mini hub to keep connected.  I thought the girl said they would send one.  Phoned to check when, told only if there is outage would it be sent.  This morning speed was poor and at back of the house WiFi signal was poor.  Phoned again, told that I did not have Halo 3 plus so not eligible for 'keep connected' and that , if I wanted, I could cancel my contract but he would arrange for  an engineer to attend tomorrow.  Read my email and it said 'keep connected' promise included with a Halo 3.  Phoned again.  This time person I spoke to said that is the case, checked for appointment tomorrow.  Not confirmed but he confirmed it.  I was also persuaded to change our mobiles to EE on the first phone call but wasn’t told you get double data with Halo 3.  Cancelled EE SIMS as I don’t want/need to change.  I have wasted hours on the phone, upgraded my package for nothing.  We have been told by the construction company that BT will move the pole but they don’t know when.  I am beginning to doubt if that will happen since it will only serve one property which is ours which is why I was asked if I wanted to cancel my contract.  I have been a BT customer for over 40 years and this experience has been just dreadful.  I am waiting for the next outage as construction company have dug a large foundation trench next to the pole. I contacted the builder on whose site the pole is situated who replied that I should contact BT.  No apology for all the inconvenience.  At least for the moment, I have a service just not the one I am paying for.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Damaged telephone pole

Please follow this link to report a damaged pole. 

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@grantley 

Has your BT Broadband connection now been restored?

As for the line and pole, that would be the responsibility of Openreach.

I would have though you were entitled to a 4G hub.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks.  Got a mini hub and have had a call concerning situation.  Expecting a phone call to decide what I will do re upgraded package.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for that link.  Very helpful.  Now I can bypass development company who are not interested!

0 Ratings