cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Do I need an Engineer visit to my home?

Go to solution

I currently work a short notice shift pattern, usually have no idea what I’m doing 48hrs in advance.

I want to upgrade to Fiber 900 and currently have Fiber Halo 1 (37mb) do I need an engineer visit? Or can I install myself?

pictures attached:6A048442-B0EF-43D1-A536-12EBD2A509A4-min.jpeg5FBF75B8-052B-4F6F-A09C-859A22464197-min.jpeg

Many thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Do I need an Engineer visit to my home?

Go to solution

No you cannot install it yourself , your existing copper connection is not used ,  FTTP needs  to be installed by OR from scratch, you will get ‘new’ equipment installed , and the old copper pair becomes redundant 

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Your picture shows a normal telephone line socket and hence your current broadband runs on the fibre to the cabinet infrastructure.

Fibre 900 is Full fibre or Fibre to the Premises which is a different infrastructure. Therefore an engineer will need to bring the fibre onto the property from your allocated Connectorised Block Terminal. They will then install a customer connection point if not one already outside and install a Optical Network Termination unit inside that the fibre connects to. Your BT Smart Hub 2 will then connect to the Optical Network Termination unit

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Also to note your on a Full Fibre First priority exchange. So any changes to contract, renewal or moving providers will mean only Full Fibre will be available and will need to be installed 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Yes, as it is the first time you order FTTP (Full Fibre), you would need an Engineer install. They will bring the Fibre wire to your property and install a new ONT box which effectively replaces the Master socket in the picture.
0 Ratings