cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTC to FTTP change back to smart hub 1

I have recently changed from FTTC to FTTP using the new smart hub 2 supplied. However, really fed up that so many devices cannot connect to each other due to the inability to split 2.4 and 5ghz. I want to go back to BT smart hub 1 but the firmware doesn’t have the FTTP option in advanced settings. How can I update the firmware on the smart hub 1 please? Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTC to FTTP change back to smart hub 1

You can't. Only the sh2 has the FTTP option

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the prompt response, but I have seen an instruction manual for smart hub 1 depicting a wan port? If as you say it’s not possible what are my options please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

There is an FTTP specific version of the Smart Hub but as  @imjolly said, the standard version can't be converted. So your options are to either buy the FTTP version from Ebay/Facebook Marketplace/etc. or buy a third party "cable" router.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I had the same problem but solved it by disabling the 5 function using the hub manager 

When

I had connected my 2.5 devices I reactivated 5

All has worked fine

0 Ratings