cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Upgrade Issue

Hi. I can currently receive 'Full Fibre 2' 80MB but from speaking to an OpenReach enginner they have confirmed that my property cabling is in place at the exchange and underground to be able to upgrade to FTTP for a ~1GB connection. When I sign in to my BT account and go to upgrade, no options show to have a faster package, apart from Full Fibre 100. Even then, when I signed up the Full Fibre 2 package, it included a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 but that hasn't ever happened.

Who do I contact about getting the FTTP 1GB service installed? Is this just an error on BT's system stopping me from upgrading? When I do a comparison online other providers are offering me a 900MB / 1GB service with them, only BT aren't, and I'd rather stay with BT.

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Upgrade Issue

Call the FTTP team 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Upgrade Issue

OK, so to follow up on this, I have now got a faster fibre service, 300MB, and have been told by Openreach direct that once their FTTP equipment has been installed (which it has for me) then I am all set for 1GB speeds, the provider just has to make that package available to me. But it seems that BT are not offering me the 1gig package. I phoned and was told that their records just needed updated and George (the person at BT I spoke to) would send of the appropriate form to Openreach so they can confirm I now have FTTP and they can offer me a 1gig package. That was before Christmas. Now I can't get a hold of George despite him giving me his email and am none the wiser as to why BT can't offer me a 1gig package but doing a speed test has other providers offering it to me. I even had a BT CS rep today tell me that Openreach were wrong and they only installed the 300mb infrastructure and they'd have to install more at the cabinet to enable 1gig (which I suspect is total rubbish). 

So, what can I do to get the ultrafast 1gig service? I seem to have everything in place but BT are saying no, yet others are saying yes. So can BT sort this or am I better just leaving and going elsewhere?

0 Ratings