cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP only available with Sky help please

Hi ive had FTTP  for many years and have got 900mbs with Sky but as the contract is coming to an end im unable to get the same speeds with anyone else. I spoke with a kind lady at Plusnet and after some research she said each isp has its own port at the exchange and there's was capped for me at 330mbs. All other isp can only offer 330 and one at 500mbs. So os this a common problem and can a mear mortal get it lifted? Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP only available with Sky help please

this is something you need to raise with SKY maybe try their community forum  https://helpforum.sky.com/

there is nothing BT Retail can do to help but it does sound like your data is wrong on openreach database and you would need SKY to raise an ORDI with openreach to get data corrected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Quote; ‘I spoke with a kind lady at Plusnet and after some research she said each isp has its own port at the exchange’.

That kind lady was talking Nonsense, each CP does not get assigned their own Head End Port.

A GPON Head End Port can supply service for up to 32 Circuits. One Fibre leaves the Port, connects to a 32 Way SASA in the Splitter, which can then go off to 32 Subs. Those Subs can be on any CP that sells FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Ive been told a lot of porkies over the last 3 weeks by various folk on the phone so it doesn't surprise me and thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

In all fairness to her she’s not a Telecoms Engineer so if someone tells her that’s the case then who is she to question it.

0 Ratings