cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FULL FIBRE FTTP 900 - SLOW Upload Speeds

Go to solution

Hi All, 

I've just had full fibre 900 installed and the download speeds are amazing 912-920Mbps. but the upload speed is not as advertised , I was sold the service at 110Mbps upload and the service appears to max out at 50Mbps.

The engineer said that once he signed the job off the "Default" settings would clear and my subscribed line speed would correct itself. This has not happened 😞

After contacting faults the very unhelpfull CSA tried to fob me off by saying the max speed they can offer is 10Mbps Up!!

After doing some reading on here it appears there is a cap that the "Mod Team" have to turn off somewhere??

I tried explaining this to her but she didn't have a clue.

Anybody else had this problem and does it rectify itself with time after installation?

Many Thanks.

Lou 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FULL FIBRE FTTP 900 - SLOW Upload Speeds

Go to solution

There’s another post on this topic.

In my own case it took 24 hours for the upload speed to reach specified levels. It may take longer. How long is it since your installation?

Openreach engineer, asked me to use a utility to check speeds. How are you checking speeds?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FULL FIBRE FTTP 900 - SLOW Upload Speeds

Go to solution
Hi there ,

Managed to get it sorted, the tech department or MOD team whoever they are 🙂 turned off "Smart Setup" at their end on my account and bobs yer uncle 912 down 112 up 🙂

Dont know if it was that or all the hub resetting , but either way it's fixed 🙂

I was using The BT Wholesale Speed checker and the Speedtest.net both are giving the same results now. 🙂