cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

Fibre optic entry - indoor side

Go to solution

Hi there- having an ONT installed in next couple of weeks but wondered what is involved in drilling the hole in the wall - my main question being when the fibre comes into the house what does it look like on the internal wall before it’s connected to the ONT. is there some sort of plate or cap or do they just fill the hole with a bit of sealant? And do they put a conduit through the wall too? Any thoughts experiences or photos really appreciated! 

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: Fibre optic entry - indoor side

Go to solution

@Ptcad 

This is the customer lead-in kit.

The conduit goes though the wall & the white cover clips over the grey circular part which fits over the conduit from the inside so all you'll see is the white cover in your room.

The fibre optic cable comes out of the bottom of the white cover & to your ONT.

The other white part fits onto the conduit on the outside.

Customer Lead-in Kit.jpg

Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

Wow - that’s incredibly helpful thank you. It’s answered a question about a possibility of where I site the ONT - sadly not where I’d hoped but forewarned is forearmed! Ta again !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

@Ptcad 

The main constraint for ONT placement is that it has to near to a power supply.

I wanted ours low down in a corner of the wall so I fitted an extension lead, from a socket on the same wall, to the skirting board & the ONT is mounted about 6" above the skirting board & 6" in from the corner, really unobtrusive.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

Yes I’d understood that ta - slightly frustrating that EZ bend cable isn’t as robust as copper otherwise I’d get the ONT placed in an AV cupboard with the router . A quick question - roughly how long is the DC lead from the PSU to the ONT please? I can run in a new socket if I have to but at the moment I’m planning to have the ONT about 3ft max from an existing one. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

@Ptcad 

Our cable is still coiled & tied but I'd say it was probably 18 inches going by the size of the coil but someone else said 1.5 metres for the Nokia ONT but ours isn't a Nokia.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

Ooh quite short - thanks that’s helpful

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

You can buy PSU extension cables from Amazon, you just need the correct plug and socket size.

Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

@flycop2000 

Good call, I forgot about that option, we have them to extend the power leads for our LED strip lights.

A very common size will be 2.1 *5.5 mm but it needs to be checked as you say.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

What is the diameter of the conduit, please?

0 Ratings