cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fttp

Hi I can't upgrade from fttp 300 to 900. No one seems to know why or says it's a capacity issue I can order 900 with every other company other than Bt. Talktalk, Zen, giganet, shell and Vodafone all can and it is definitely though a openreach line as upload speed is 110 I'm at a lost with what to do. I can't get though to the fttp team I have been trying for over a week. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fttp

Enter your phone number and post results and see what is available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you have digital voice need to use your address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@belsey12wrote:

Hi I can't upgrade from fttp 300 to 900. No one seems to know why or says it's a capacity issue I can order 900 with every other company other than Bt. Talktalk, Zen, giganet, shell and Vodafone all can and it is definitely though a openreach line as upload speed is 110 I'm at a lost with what to do. I can't get though to the fttp team I have been trying for over a week. 

You will be on an legacy eci ont/headend, which has max speed of 330mbps, and no other isp will be able to offer you faster.

They may sell you a 900mbps package, but will be disappointed on install day with the max speeds.

see :- https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Unable-to-order-Fibre-900-ECI-issue-FTTP/td-p/2133666

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I've had 900 with Talktalk and was working perfectly fine address checker says I can't even get fttp despite having full fibre 300 with BT already.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Can you post dslchecker results preferably using your BT phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

An ECI headend could explain the 330Mb max download , but could not explain why other ISPs  that are using the same headend can offer 900Mb , after all the CBT that serves your property is only optically connected to one OLT ( headend ) via a splitter , so optically they are identical to BT .

Its possible that the ‘cable links’  that connect the OLT into the various ISP ‘backhaul’ equipment are the limiting factor , that would explain why some ISP that don’t use the BTw backhaul can seemingly offer 900Mb, when BT cannot ( obviously BT as an ISP , won’t use the same backhaul as Talk Talk or Vodafone for example ) or it could conceivably be a legacy of replacement equipment ( ECI swapped out for a manufacturer that does provide 900Mb ( soon to be 1.8GB) ) but the internal BT records have not been updated to reflect this where other ISP’s have.

The problem really is , because you can only speak to the ISP ,  when  the issue is really an Openreach/ BT Wholesale one  ( or whatever BTw is currently called ) you will only ever get someone in BT interpretation of the issue , as you are not allowed ( by the regulator ) to speak directly to BT’s supplier .

Have you considered emailing chief executive office , the executive complaints resolution people may be able to delve deeper into this , whereas a regular customer service representative may come up against the regulatory barriers 

0 Ratings