cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre Installation

Go to solution

As I understand it, there is now a full fibre cable running down our street. To actually get the service installed does that mean that BT have to dig a channel through my front garden / drive to replace the old copper connections?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre Installation

Go to solution

If you are fed by a buried armoured cable, then unfortunately yes is the answer. If it’s ducted up to the house then this can be used as long as it isn’t blocked.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the info. At the moment I am only trying to understand how they install it. Haven't looked at the best supplier for it.

My assumption is that they will have to lay the appropriate cable from the road to my house. My concern is that I have a concrete drive that is imprinted with paving shapes and coloured and I would definitely not want that to be dug up. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If openreach they will only do the work with your agreement. Are currently supplied underground or from pole.

Do you know who was installing fibre in your street may not be on behalf of openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If you are with an Openreach ISP user the method will be revealed under the the table when you check HERE. Copy and post the notes and all will be explained.

0 Ratings