cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Full Fibre - Orange Light

We moved into a new build apartment over a month ago and have just ticked over one month without BT internet.

We thought we solved the problem (BT had the incorrect apartment number and we had to re-do the order two weeks ago).  Yesterday we was our new go-live start date and we still have the orange light.

The Smart Hub 2 is plugged into the modem (red WAN port as instructed).  Port1 is GREEN, PON is Flashing and Power is GREEN.

I have contacted BT and OpenReach is due out for the second  time in seven days.  I would be grateful if the community had any tricks / or fixes I could pursue ahead of another week without internet!

Thanks!!

P.s we have the BT minihub!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Full Fibre - Orange Light

If the PON LED is flashing green, the circuit hasn't been built. Nothing to be done at your end except keep chasing BT FTTP team 0800 587 4787

Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will keep chasing BT now we're into the second month.

Just to confirm, "the circuit hasn't been built" is that outside our building i.e., an issue with Openreach connecting the fibre? 

Hopefully BT can give a timeframe as we may need to change providers if it continues!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Its an activation/admin thing, not anything physical with the fibre anywhere.

Message 5 of 9

Its the lights on the ONT that are initially more important than the status of the router, as already stated, a flashing PON light means the the ONT is receiving a ‘light’ signal , but the headend (OLT) hasn’t authenticated the ONT , this can be issues such as the ONT serial number hasn’t been correctly entered , or is missing , so the OLT won’t ‘talk’ to the ONT, in basic terms , the ONT is repeatedly saying ‘Hello’ to the OLT, the OLT can ‘hear’ this , but won’t respond because the ONT isn’t on its list of valid users, basically it won’t ‘talk’ back until it’s told that the ONT is allowed onto the network.

When you ring the FTTP team you could ask if the correct serial number is entered , you can read the S/N from the sticker on the ONT .

Unfortunately this isn’t the only possible issue , but it’s a fairly simple one to sort out.

Message 6 of 9

Very helpful.  Thank you for quick reply and explanation. 

I will give the team a call in the morning.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@SoundsAir  so how have you got on this morning?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@pippincp progress....

With the help of the above messages, we discovered: (i) the new build apartment was not registered on the OpenReach records; and (ii) the SN was incorrect (as suspected).

A form has been submitted to OpenReach to register the property and an update expected within 48 hours. 

Hopefully we are getting there..

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Sounds good, please keep us updated.

0 Ratings