cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Have i been put on a 200mb plan?

I have just got my fibre broadband installed and I noticed this in the hub logs. is this a 200mb profile? since my results from speediest have been around 200-250. I ordered a 500mb package, I asked the engineer who installed and he told me it would go up once my hub found the best signal.

Screenshot_20221019_192016_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Have i been put on a 200mb plan?

Is it wireless or wired? If it's wireless have you tried running one wired? Wireless speeds may not be the full 500

Message 3 of 7

I will have to get a laptop out to try it wired. I have a pc connected via power line ethernet and it's only getting 100mb but the power line adaptors are ancient lol

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The send / receive 200 you can see in the log is a communication code for the digital voice phone service - it has nothing to do with your speed. 

Message 5 of 7

As you referring to the "SIP ... SEND 200 NOTIFY" line in the log?

If so SIP typically refers to VoIP I wonder if this is internal log reference to BT's Digital Voice service for the landline provision.

200 is likely to relate to HTTP 200 code which means the request was fulfilled. Likely just means the DV has configured and initialised successfully.

Message 6 of 7

Run fast.com with ethernet connection and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I can't get to the laptop to try at the moment (it's my dads and he won't get it while he's watching TV lol) but trying on my phone it gave 310Mbps so it's slowly going up.

0 Ratings