cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

High Packet Loss and Ping Spikes

Hi there would it be possible for my Internet to be changed onto a super stable profile as this is the only thing ive seen on this forum fixes high ping and both packet loss for most people. Also 500+ latency when uploading which I guess this would be the main culprit to lag in online games91DEAF93-CAC6-41E5-BC97-6F0AF6D40ECE.jpeg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: High Packet Loss and Ping Spikes

Hi @debus68,

That is something that we could look into. Before we attempt that, can you tell me a bit more about your connection. I take it you are seeing the higher latency using a wired ethernet connection and not solely on a wireless connection?

Are you using a third party router rather than our Hub?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I am using the BT Smart Hub 2, with 2 BT Wireless Discs and the Hybrid Connect as part of the complete wifi halo3+. This is a current speed test on my computer which is connected by ethernet as you can see there is medium download latency but quite high upload latency

debus68_0-1675861608219.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @debus68,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Are the devices that you're experiencing problems with using our Complete Wifi discs? Is there anyway for you to test connected directly to the Smart Hub 2 using an ethernet cable?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The computer I ran the speed test on was directly connected to the Smart Hub 2, but this problem seems to occur on both wired and wifi connections

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Here is a speed test on my phone which is connected via wifi which the problem gets worse

B2CC8EDE-A8E6-475D-8721-12469C6DED45.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks @debus68,

It will be best if we take a look at your connection and try and see what's happening.

I'll send you a private message with some details that I'll need.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I’m experiencing the exact same issue.
I’ve been with BT for 6 months now, and it hasn’t missed a beat… but the past 3 weeks have been hell. 

I work from home and my conference calling is so skippy and jumpy I sometimes just revert to hotspotting my phone. 

I also like to game and that’s been impossible the past couple of weeks, there’s no point me trying.

I’ve always done both of those things on BT over wifi, no issues, no maintenance to the house, no router repositioning, nothing.

I can Ethernet certain devices which improves slightly, but then everything else connected suffers.

I have contacted BT and raised the issue, to which they explain that they’ve reset my router, which I can do myself and have been doing. On an initial reboot, fantastic, everything looks good on the download/upload speeds but it’s still the latency and the ping is almost identical to the issue here. 

The technical support from BT hasn’t been great as they assure me the download speeds are being met. My issue isn’t that, it’s the ping especially on upload.

I was wondering if you had a successful solve for this issue, I’m very interested.

@debus68 @DanielS 

0 Ratings