cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Hub 2 dropping

@tommal this is why I am waiting for Virgin to become available in my area, moderators have done all they can for me trying to get engineers out but had the same problem as you they don't turn up and are refusing to fix it, Openreach are an absolute joke, BT provide a great service but unfortunately Openreach don't, best thing I can do is wait for the above and then cancel my contract, moderator was nice enough to have the minimum terms removed so I don't have to pay a cancellation fee, sounds like your in the same boat, I have to keep wiggling the ethernet cable that's plugged into the ONT for full fibre to my house as the connection is faulty to keep my service online, again Openreach's fault not BT's, literally can only go with Virgin when switching as they are the only service provider that don't use Openreach for there network infrastructure 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Engineer attended today “you know I am bending over backwards for you” wow would hate to see what it would be like if he wasn’t anyway I told him we had all power outlets apart from router and tv off and it still happens , called later to say he had put us on a new switch but would take 28days to settle so need to wait until after then to see if fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

It doesn't take 28 days to settle, more like 3. At least has you off his back for 4  weeks, at least that's what he is thinking.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

I can see from hub manager that we are still getting the issue once per day now since he changed switches or port will monitor it over weekend and am expecting a call from BT on Monday

A3732582-ED81-4915-B65D-148E35C2EDEF.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Two weeks since switch change at exchange and still the same although only drops once per day and speed has went from 57m to 35m, sane engineer attended yesterday and said it a rein issue and will be at least two weeks before they can attend. I will keep updating here until it’s fixed and post the fix although bt must be cash rich as I am now running at compensation at over £200 to be added to account once fixed

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

So after 72 days we now have stable internet at 59mbps for past week, numerous visits, failed to show visits and what can only be described as a very unhelpful openreach engineer. A second engineer came out listened to our fault description and immediately set out to investigate, found an old copper line back at openreach switch which he thought was tripping our circuit also set about having someone re profile our set up and this seems to be I hope the root cause.

0 Ratings