cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Hub data rate stuck at 100Mbps

Go to solution

Hi All,

We had FTTP installed not that long ago now and initially were on the 150 package but have today been upgraded to the 500 package and it seems that the Hub itself is only connecting to the ONT / network at 100Mbps and not 1Gbps which it should surely be doing to give us full access to the new 500Mbps package?

I've connected my PC to the hub directly via a cable and checked that's running at 1Gbps speed and have also tried changing the able between the ONT and the hub (tried two of the red terminated ones and another I know does gigbit speeds) and no luck ... is this something I need to message BT about directly?

Could it be a faulty port on the Hub or the ONT / Cable?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Below is a sample from the Technical Log on the advanced info tab on the hub manager page:

"Board version:R01
GUI version:1.79 12_06_2022
DSL uptime:-
Data rate:100 Mbps / 100 Mbps
Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:On
Upstream error control:Off
Downstream error control:Off"
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Hub data rate stuck at 100Mbps

Go to solution

if you were only connected to 500 today have you tried a factory reset of your hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until hub lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Tried that just now and no dice it's still showing as connected at just 100Mbps - I guess I can leave it as is for now and have another look tomorrow.

Otherwise though I'm presuming it'll be a message to BT directly to check I'm setup correctly on their end?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Interestingly I have just checked speeds directly connecting to the hub from a laptop and to the ONT from a laptop to check the ports and the hub is only connecting at 100Mbps whereas the ONT gives 1Gbps so I'm guessing I need to ask BT for a new hub to fix this issue!
Will chat to their support and see what can be done.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Perhaps the Ethernet cable connecting the ONT and the home hub, is only rated for 100Mbs?

Check the cable to make sure that all pairs are being used. Look at the Ethernet plugs at both ends.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

The OP has ruled out the cable.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@TheOtherPiotr 

Have you tried power cycling the ONT, with the hub connected, as the two may not be auto negotiating the correct speed. This can happen with different hardware devices, if there is an issue with timing? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
I'm sure I've cycled it already today but will try again with the hub connected and powered on (I turned both off while I went out for a walk earlier with no luck upon returning).

I will double check the cable ends to see if they're paired off appropriately but as licquorice says the red terminated ones both connected at Gb speeds so should be fine!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Edit just read the post more closely

Given what youve tried so far and that a laptop connected directly to the ONT shows a 1Gbit link speed then this is surely one for BT and I would guess this issue is outside the property unless one of the pins on the WAN port have become damaged, it only takes one and it will revert to 100Mbit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
I have indeed gotten on to BT about this and there's a new hub en route right now ( was hoping it'd arrive today but looks like RM are dragging their heels). Will report back once I test port 4 on the new hub to make sure that's reporting a gigabit link !
0 Ratings