cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

IPv6 prefix no longer being issued

Go to solution

My Ubiquiti Edgerouter 4 has stopped receiving an IPv6 prefix so I no longer have any IPv6 connectivity on my home network.  It was working fine before, only just noticed today when I had to check on something else.  All I have is the FE80:: LL address assigned to the router (I can ping the remote).

Any suggestions would be really appreciated, I've seen a few other people in the forum with cases where support managed to fix it for them in the network so perhaps this isn't something local to me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPv6 prefix no longer being issued

Go to solution

Hi, @chriscoveyduck welcome to the community, and thanks for posting. For testing purposes can you connect your Smart Hub 2 and log into the Hub Manager to check the IPV6 network status? 

To access the Hub manager, open a new web browser and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar, go to Advanced Settings > IPv6 > Configuration. This will show you if it is active on the network. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the response.  I might have to go and try and find it, fortunately the ONT is easily accessible

Is there any way for someone in the service team to check?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Ok found my smarthub but it’s not working at all. Tried resetting but no joy, any way of checking on the network side or do I need to call support? I suspect I’m going to get the “please plug your home hub” in response 😂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @chriscoveyduck and thanks for the reply.

You'll need a smart hub so we can do some remote testing. How long have you had yours? Can you borrow one for testing purposes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Ok I think this was down to me, I went back through my ER config and think it was the IPv6 defs missing off the interfaces.  It was set correctly for PPP dialler but missing on the interfaces.  All working OK now.

0 Ratings