cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Internet stuck at half speed IP reset

In the master socket the cables should be connected to terminals A&B and @Keith_Beddoe suggesting only 1 wire may be connected which allows broadband to work but slowly. If you check and that is the case then just connect the loose wire to the terminal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Its more likely to be a disconnection on the external network, difficult to prove these days, as  no dial tone from exchange side, one of the  problems with the broadband only service.

Its below the handback speed, so if you still get the same speed at the test socket, and both wires are connected, then you would need to report it as a fault.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Yeah the master socket seems fine i had it replaced one of the times i got someone out a number of times never could find the problem. Even replaced the overhead to house it's not been dropping just an issue with the speeds and the last few times i have someone to come out they never turned up as they was just doing work away from the house. fun times ahha
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

With no voltage on the line, it must be difficult for Openreach to find the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Yeah i thought it must be a tough fault i will get on to support again and hope they can send someone out. Hoping i get fttp in the area soon
0 Ratings