cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

No connection new build

Go to solution

Hello, please bear with me as I’m not very technical at all. I moved in to a new build in October. The house  itself is shared ownership. I own half the housing association (sage )own the other half. I was the last resident to move in and it appears the property developers have not ensured the fibre line/broadband has been fitted correctly. No internet provider has been able to provide to my house for obvious reasons as the line is not connected . I have requested the developers have a look time and time again. Someone did indeed come to take a look and said he would be back. This was at Christmas so I assume he is lost. The property developers are stating it’s not their issue. I am unable to communicate with bt open reach myself and I’m unable to secure a broadband provider so I have no one to liaise with them? I’ve been without internet now since October. We are running off a smart 5G hub which is very costly and honestly useless. I’m at my wits end and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do next? Any advice would be hugely grateful! Thankyou 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: No connection new build

Go to solution

enter your address and post results remembering to delete address   this will show what if anything is available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Are BT your intended ISP ? , if you preference is a different provider, then any enquiry should be towards them , assuming it’s Openreach that you think have provided network into the development ( there is no such organisation as BT Openreach )  , you could contact them via their website asking why your neighbours can get service but you cannot .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

If your neightbours have fibre and you don't then you can use this form to contact OpenReach - it may just be a missing entry in their database:

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Presumably you at least have a phone line and so could order ADSL or FTTC?  If you follow the link @imjolly provided we can see what's available to you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Hello, I have tried to do this several times with my address and the box doesn’t even register. When I click submit to enter the details 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

If you enter just your postcode it will give you a list of properties to choose from - is your address in that list?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Thankyou. It just states this message. 

We cannot determine broadband availability at this location. This may be a new address to which connectivity is not yet complete.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

@Amyclara 

Who are your neighbours with? Some property developers (such as Taylor Wimpy as an example) use a AltNet Network infrastructure provider rather than Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Does your address appear on the Royal Mail website ? 

Try using the DSL checker but using your property's UPRN instead of the postal address , you may need to look up your UPRN .

If the developer hasn’t actually registered the address with the appropriate authorities, then it won’t appear as a valid address and therefore not appear on any ISP’s ordering portal, are your neighbours properties shown when you use the DSL checker , and it’s just yours that doesn’t appear  ?

Does the property have an Openreach ONT fitted ? , 

0 Ratings