Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: No connection new build

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

@jac_95 my whole street have had to sign up with see the light as no one else can provide any connection. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@iniltous yes its registered with Royal Mail. 
I’m sorry I don’t actually know what an ONT is. There is a box that’s been fitted that states it’s a FNL which apparently means I should be connected to the internet however I’m still not 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

@Amyclara it sounds very much like the developer has installed another network so i'd suggest reaching out to them for assistance

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

If what you call a FNL , is actually OFNL , that’s not Openreach, and that means BT as an ISP won’t  be available as they exclusively use Openreach , ( TBH , the ISP’s that are on OFNL are not household names ) ,  it suggests the developer locked out everyone elses networks and did a ‘sweetheart’ deal with a niche network provider ( OFNL ) that hardly anyone will have heard of , and make you use them , or ISP’s that are available on OFNL , unless you use   a mobile network.

An ONT is an optical network termination ( point ) , this guide shows what Openreach would  fit ,page 5 shows the enclosure that holds the ONT , fitted in a standard electrical pattress box .

https://www.openreach.com/content/dam/openreach/openreach-dam-files/documents/New%20Sites%20Fibre%20...

It seems though that Openreach were blocked from your development so you won’t have one of these , you may have whatever OFNL fit , but you won’t find any ‘big’ ISP’s that use them

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

@iniltous Thankyou so much that is actually probably the most help I’ve had since October regarding this issue. I’m going to call this provider once they open at 11 and see if I can finally get to the bottom of it 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe thankyou such much I’m going to try and get this sorted today. With all the help here I think I might actually resolve it 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

@Amyclarawrote:

my whole street have had to sign up with see the light as no one else can provide any connection. 

For future reference, it would be much better to provide all the information in your first post, rather than four days later. If you had this could have been resolved on Wednesday...

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution
well as I did state in my very first post. I am not very knowledgable regarding issues like this. I hold my hands up. But Thankyou for your somewhat sarcastic reply. The issues is not resolved…. I just have slightly more information now.

Anyway I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks again!
0 Ratings