cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Placed an order under the wrong address

Hi all!

Just wanted to double-check something. My address is part of 3 flats, the flat that I live in doesn't show as full fiber to the premises available on the website but my next-door neighbor at the first flat with same road number as me shows that It has the full 1.8G fiber.

I phoned BT and the operator booked a new line for me but he booked under the first flat number and then on the notes said to install it at my house. He assured me that that would be fine that the neighbors would still keep their internet line and that Openreach would install a new one. I'm not entirely sure that that will work, other people seem to suggest that it will probably cut out the neighbor's internet and that Open Reach will just refuse to do any installs at my address.

Wondering if anything can be done? Open reach contact said that I need to raise a bronze address matching. Not entirely sure what to do, the fiber junction box is just 7 meters away from my doorstep and the fiber post is just on the street very close to our flats.

x1eqfi3bah0d1.jpeg

In this picture above we can see the junction box on the right, my neighbor's full fiber to the premise ready on the open reach database, and then my house at the end on the left that show's not available.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Placed an order under the wrong address

Welcome to the sad old world of Sales Agents.

I would cancel that now unless you want your neighbour hating you. 

From experience, if the house has no service so far you would initially need to order a landline only. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hey! Thanks for replying

Yeah ideally I wouldn't want to cut off the neighbours. 

Landline not an option unfortunately, currently with Virgin 350 megs and doesn't make sense to downgrade to 60megs when the fibre box is literally a few meters away.

Wanted to move away from coax and get into full fibre but maybe next time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@xicovs 

is you address correct on the royal mail database?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes
0 Ratings