cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: FFTP but intermittent No Internet/Slow Connectvity but BT not resolved fully since early January

I had to reply as I have had most of those problems incl. unable to use my old copper line phone and could not understand how it kept resolving itself before the eng. arrived to fix it! I am elderly, not so mobile anymore and am caring for husband who has dementia.

I was persuaded to fit fibre with home phone and take on 2 mobile sims with EE (we had 2 tiny phones with BT and were told they could not close the BT Account unless I did something with them (I have learned SO MUCH about how things work or DO NOT work since). Just wanted to say Good luck if you go down a similar route as so many errors on the changeover and the 'merger' with EE  happened that I have had to 'explain' to SO MANY helpful folk on phone BUT who cannot solve the problem of me not being able to SEE (no confirmation) of mobile pkg that needs to be merged with the mobile pkg.  Seems it is in the name of my husband and mobiles in mine, even sent code for POA and have had NO confirmation that the email has even been received.

I have sent a private message to one of the helpful moderators on here to see if there may be a solution that nobody else has thought of as I am paying for broadband (cannot see what the pkg is) but they have put extra costs on the mobiles as no discount on the pkg that I cannot see but money taken out of my DD that they set up for mobiles.  OK paying as I have the service BUT it was supposed to be a Multi Product pkg!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: I have been moved from BT to EE

Me Too! I am experiencing many, many problems as you predicted! NOBODY out of dozens of call handlers/tec. people  can sort my problems it seems!  I am now worried that if I just cancel my DD (they are taking broadband costs from an account I cannot access because on the move over to EE they cannot Merge the accounts as it was set up in my husband's name (spelled wrongly) d.o.b but my email address and my bank details. My husband has dementia and did not set anything up! It took BT a long time to finally close the BT account too which meant I was paying for two pkgs one of which has never been confirmed or accessed (some phone call handlers can see it BUT...) All this has complicated the replacement mobile phone sims as they are asking ME to merge two accounts in different names so they stopped the discounts on them! 

So as you say many problems! More so for me as I am elderly, not so mobile (no pun intended) and care for my husband who has dementia! I have even sent them a POA code but have had no contact or even acknowledgement of the email.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: I have been moved from BT to EE

They definitely do!  I was out of contract and paying a lot as I wanted to keep old copper line but the 'salesman' I had to contact to cancel eng. appt. persuaded me to upgrade to fibre BUT I stupidly thought that it was compulsory to move to EE and now I am in an absolute mess as there were many mistakes made that nobody seems to be able to put right!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Re: FFTP but intermittent No Internet/Slow Connectvity but BT not resolved fully since early January

@LadyMary I've started your own thread to make it easier to follow, I'm so sorry you've experienced many problems after moving to New EE. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Neil, I have sent you a couple of private messages one an epistle with lots of details, so sorry! I also posted on open forum in the hope that other customers may have had a similar problem resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@LadyMary No problem, we also need the details I asked for in the message I just sent, this will help us find your account and pass security checks. 

There is a private message queue so it will take us a few days before we'll get back to you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for the reply Neil, I shall reply with all info. Has been suggested on here that as we have been moved to EE maybe we should join that community.

0 Ratings