cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Fibre 900 upload speed reduced to 50Mbps after factory reset

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB - many thanks for your kind offer to help. 5 days after the factory reset and still only receiving 70Mpbs upload - would really appreciate your guidance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Basil85, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I've moved your post to create your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Are you using the BT Hub and it hasn't been disconnected for the last 3 days? 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

It had been connected for 5 days in the last stretch, then there was a disconnection on Friday morning just after midnight, so we're at 1d 18h 32m uptime presently. Currently still at 900/70. Assuming no further disconnects, the next 72h uptime will be reached just after midnight on Monday morning 17/10/22.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @Basil85 it really should have updated by now. I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details and the moderation team will be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you @NeilO  - I've replied to your private message with the details requested.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Following brilliant support from the BT moderators, it was found that Openreach needed to change some configuration to enable the full 110Mbps upload speed.

The BT team called me and checked through my router by remote configuration whilst asking me to perform some checks. The instruction to Openreach was made quickly, and then the moderator called me again to check after the Openreach configuration update had been applied. All absolutely spot on, and performed with care, courtesy and professionalism. I can't rate the moderators highly enough. They are absolutely what is expected from BT. So much time, goodwill and expense could be saved if certain other functions listened to the customer and acted as they did.

The only bad spot throughout was the first-line telephone support in Belfast. To just reject me and indicate that 10Mbps upload was all I should be entitled to on a premium FTTP service with no intention to help was appalling.

So - BT management, if you're reading this - and I hope you do: 10/10 to the moderator team here. They are excellent: the best of BT. Encourage and reward them please. Belfast? Well, you now know where you need to look if you really do want to focus on customer service excellence. 

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the fantastic feedback @Basil85 . We really appreciate it.

I'll let @NeilO know about the post.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings