cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Slow sync speed with no reason

Hi,

I have Fibre Halo 3

It was installed yesterday.  I asked the guy did he test the line speed and he said no but he can do, he did, and said yeah you're getting the max speed and gestured towards the exchange and how said how close I was too it, twice.

However, my sync speed is like 30 down and 7.7 up - I have just moved and brought my BT service with me.

DSL uptime:0 days,21 Hours40 Mins37 Secs

Data rate:7.744 Mbps / 30.997 Mbps

Maximum data rate:8.080 Mbps / 35.816 Mbps

Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:Off

Noise margin:6.3 / 6.1

Line attenuation:6.1 / 17.9

Signal attenuation:6.1 / 22.5

Any advice much appreciated.
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Slow sync speed with no reason

your stats look ok  you are probably further from your street cabinet than you were before if you have a drop in speed.  distance from exchange is immaterial as it is distance from cabinet that counts

enter phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thanks very much for the reply.

Sorry I meant cabinet, he said cabinet.

I will try and find out my phone number

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

OK I put in my phone number but don't know what I am looking for

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

can you post results  use camera icon

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Sorry how to I post results
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Untitled.jpg

OK there we go, that first attempt had my phone number on it lol

Running a basic speed test previously I would consistently get 12-14 ping, 50down and around 9 up.

Now I am getting around 18-19ms, 28 down and 6.8 up - I didn't understand this after what the engineer told me and that's when I checked my router and saw the sync speeds - I am of course connected via ethernet as I am a competitive Valorant player - I can really feel the difference in response 😞

If I ran a ping test (ping bbc.co.uk -n 30) I would get a consistent 11-12ms - even the person who sold me this new package said I would be getting performance MINIMUM of what I had before but likely better.

The engineer who installed told me ping should be very good AGAIN as he gestured the cabinet was 'just down there'

Something doesn't add up.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

there are no estimated stats shown on the dslchecker   can you try again as there should be speed ranges shown for your connection.  as I said you are obviously further from street cabinet than you were in previous home hence the drop in speed.  there is nothing you can do about that

if you still for whatever reason don't get expected speed ranges then try your address

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

that shows a speed range of 74/52mb far faster than you are getting even your attainable is nowhere near that.  are you connected to the master socket?  have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps

is there any line noise  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

0 Ratings