cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Sudden Loss of Performance Is it related to the Queen's Death and Increased Internet Traffic

Hi All

I normally enjoy a seamless service from my BT router and broadband service but over the last few days I have started to notice performance issues. Firstly on my mobile phone and now on both the phone and my laptop.

I have a very high spec laptop that runs like lightening and my phone is not clogged up and has a powerful processor and large memory.

Web pages are taking much longer to load and pictures on webpages are slow to appear too

This is not consistent and can be awful one minute and then back to normal later in the day

Could this be related to the death in the UK of the Queen causing a massive increase in Internet traffic and slowing everything down!

I have googled this and it comes back that Twitter has had problems because of this but there is no mention of a general slowing down of the internet.

A speed test shows that I am getting my normal speeds so it is all very puzzling

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't want to go to the trouble of lots of support calls and unnecessary troubleshooting if it is all going to settle down again at the end of next week

Thanks in advance

Mike 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sudden Loss of Performance Is it related to the Queen's Death and Increased Internet Traffic

I wouldn't think it likely. Perhaps at the time her death was announced there could have been congestion, but that wouldn't last longer than an hour or two as everyone caught up with the news.

I'm seeing no impact to any of my speed tests which run.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sudden Loss of Performance Is it related to the Queen's Death and Increased Internet Traffic

Thank you for replying appreciated. Turns out it's my elderly smarthub whose 5 😁

0 Ratings