cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Sudden speed drop

Go to solution

In the last 24 hours my BT line speeds have dropped from 55/10 to 9.3/3.3, BT have assigned a basic indoor engineer rather than Openreach to look which is concerning as nothing about my Hub has been changed in 2 weeks. The master socket was replaced recently by an Openreach engineer so I can't see it being an internal issue.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sudden speed drop

Go to solution

can you check your landline phone and see if dial tone.  if master replaced recently then check the front faceplate is securely clipped on as that can come loose with even the slightest knock and cause poor connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Sadly it's a SOGEA line so won't have a dial tone for me to check and I've checked the master socket for damage just in case even with it being fitted recently.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

with that drop in speed so quickly it does suggest a wire has come off as broadband can work with 1 wire connected but very slowly.  a phone needs both connected but as broadband only you unfortunately cannot check for dial tone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Would explain a lot, could it be down to the heat expansion during recent heatwave as the telephone pole looks like rats nest with the cabling anyways?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

could easily be one of the wires in your new master has disconnected

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Again wouldn't surprise me, had a lot of issues in the past due to those master sockets. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @drbobsevilweb and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having a few problems there. I'd be interested to know if the engineer is able to resolve this. Can you please post back and let us know how things go?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

drbobsevilweb_0-1660670450726.png

Thought I'd post the line stats as I've checked the wiring to the Master socket and the pair is connected correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Those stats suggest a wire disconnected between you and the cab. Give customer support a ring, they should see the issue and arrange an engineer for you.

0 Ratings