cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

fibre 900, existing broadband with vodafone

Hello, 

I'm looking to have full fibre 900 installed at my home. (as it says its now available)

I currently have a phoneline and broadband with Vodafone, this is fibre to box and then copper to the house (in contract till September).

I would like this broadband and phone connection to remain, if having a fibre line installed will this remove that current service and line?

When proceeding to order it prompts "Before your order can be placed you need to consent to transferring your line from your current provider to BT. Do you consent to these services transferring?*" - I don't as id like it to remain.

additional; As well as the active line above that I have with vodafone there is also an inactive line at the house(also copper) from when there was 2 phones present here from previous owners (parents, I now own the property). 

Id like to have fibre 900, but don't want to loose the current as its not clear when prompting to transfer over 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: fibre 900, existing broadband with vodafone

try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and make sure you can get FTTP and then explain what you want and they should be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

NO - If you open a new contract for the new fibre service, the old copper contract will still be in place as you would not have cancelled it.

The old circuits are completely immaterial - If there's no contract then there is nothing there.

If the current contract is "loose" - be careful as you may lose it...!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

If it’s asking about existing services , state No, or better still , instead of raising an order on line, call and that way you can speak to an advisor and stress that the existing VF service should remain.
TBH , if you are taking the no telephony FTTP offer , then you should be able to order as a brand new service , not affecting the existing service, but obviously most people wouldn’t want to be paying for two services, which is why the order process is slanted towards cancellation of the existing copper service
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

As stated earlier you need to ring the FTTP team and stress to thm that you wish a new install and not a transfer from current provider.

It is also worth remembering that the copper phone service will be ended in 2225 but your current provider should inform you of that and anything you need to do.

Personally, I'd get the new BT fibre install done then ask Vodaphone to upgrade your current connection to FTTP. That is if you wish to continue with 2 providers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@pippincp wrote:

copper phone service will be ended in 2225

Plenty of time then 😂😂😂

Message 7 of 7

Heck of a typo that one. 2025 but then again knowing how Openreach work...