cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT mobile

Hi,

I recently contacted BT to amend my contract and was persuaded to move my BT mobile contract to EE. This was approx 2 weeks ago . My BT mobile contact gave me unlimited calls, texts and 10gb data which was more than sufficient. I also had free roam like home which gave me international roaming at no extra charge.

I now find with my new EE contact that gives me 20gb of data that i now have to pay extra for roaming. Can i opt to revert back to BT mobile as i am less than 1 month into my contract.

Service with EE is no better than BT and cost is same. Obviously BT want to move all their customers to EE but think i should have kept my free roaming .

Any advice before i call and cancel the contract.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT mobile

How far are you into your contact? The EE cooling off period is 14 days as per distance buying rules.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/orders-and-delivery/cancelling-orders-and-contracts/how-to-cancel-a-c...

You might be best contacting EE complaints and explaining, if it’s the case, that it was not made clear to you there is no EU roaming to see what they can do. They were pretty good when I had a similar issue and my iPad has EU roaming.

If you’re set on moving back to BT you need to contact them and ask if there’s the option to move back to BT but as they’re not accepting new customers (which could include returning) I wouldn’t have thought that it’s possible.

If you’re over 14 days then an early termination fee could apply.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

2 weeks into contract now. 

Think ive left it too late now and even if BT would take me back i suspect i would not retain the EU roaming.

Put it down to experience and be more careful in future and weigh up all the pros and cons before entering a new contract

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8

I’d call EE and see what they say about EU roaming if you feel you have been mis sold your deal.

The most they can say is sorry we can’t help or do anything about it now.

Hopefully they can dig out an old tariff which includes EU roaming (if they’re still floating around on the system)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Same boat as you. Was trying to get my bills down a bit and called BT to discuss. 

They persuaded me to switch to EE for £9pm (a £2pm saving) and get double data (20gb) but on a 2 year deal...I reluctantly accepted.

Going away soon and have realised I'll lose my EU roaming and will have to pay £15 for a roaming pass to avoid the £2pd roaming charges. If I'd have stayed with BT Mobile (who I've been with for years) I would have had free roaming for my trip. Bit annoyed tbh.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

There are still some UK mobile providers which don't yet charge for EU roaming. Just do a Google search (MSE had a few good articles) and check how you can get a free PAYG SIM card for use abroad.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Yeah I should have ditched BT/EE and gone with giffgaff or smarty 😞

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Im off to Spain in a week so £15 for roaming which was always free on BT mobile. Should have thought about it before i agreed to move. Dont need 20gb data. 2 is plenty. 

Did speak ro EE and they implied all BT mobile customers will be moved to EE soon so it was going to happen eventually.

May reconsider though when contract matures.

0 Ratings