cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Cancelling DD prior to contract end

Hi

I have a SIM only deal ending 23 Aug. My next payment is due this week, and this covers me until 17 Aug. 

I won’t be continuing with BT, as don’t get the reduction for BB users. Also, now get good deal with Sky (VIP etc) 

How can I ensure final payment is limited to 18-23 Aug?

Thank you

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Cancelling DD prior to contract end

Cancel the direct debit after your final bill payment is made. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Thanks. Are you saying payments will only be taken to 23 Aug in any event? I thought I’d be billed for another month in August, and that would take me betting contract period?  Alternatively, are you saying I can cancel DD after next payment, even though I’ll only have paid to 17 August 

Just not sure what “final bill payment” would be in these circumstances? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

As far as I'm aware, package fees are paid in advance and additional spend is in arrears. Your final bill should be identified as the final one. Cancel the DD after that one has been paid because you could inadvertently end up with extra charges for missed payments and a default on your credit score.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Re: Cancelling DD prior to contract end he

Thanks again. That should equate to my final bill (the one explicitly described as such) should be that covering package fee for 18 - 23 Aug. This would be deducted around 26 Aug. Hopefully, I can then intervene and cut the umbilical cord. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

You will be billed a full month & then credited once the contract ends. You need to keep the DD in place for the refund unless you want a cheque instead.

Or you could simply switch on the billing date & pay the 5 days to the end of the contract instead as that will likely be pennies.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Thanks for explaining. Prefer option 2 but don’t know how to “switch on billing date” and pay balance?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Your contract will end as soon as you transfer your number. So just request a PAC code & give it to your new provider the day before your billing date.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Cheers. I know I’m overthinking this, but they don’t make it easy with  billing dates (in my case about third week of month),  direct debit payment dates (in my case about fourth week of month) and now superimposed with contract end date.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

I should add that even transferring your number early doesn't guarantee that you won't be charged another month & then refunded. But I really wouldn't worry about it, it's sure to be quickly resolved.

0 Ratings