Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 38

The way you cast BT Sport is changing

Hi Everyone,

I want to let you know about upcoming changes to the way you cast BT Sport.

From midnight on 10 April 2021, you will no longer be able to use screen mirroring to cast BT Sport. This includes both wireless (aka Miracast, Samsung Dex, Screencasting) and wired (connecting an HDMI cable).

iPhone and IPad users will now need to click the Airplay icon in the top right corner of the app screen when watching the video, which will still work as normal. This is not available in the enhanced player, which will only be useable, directly on the device.

Android phone and tablet users who are casting their screen to a genuine Google Chromecast device or Android TV can instead use the Chromecast icon available within the standard player.  This function is not available in the enhanced player or in the Watch Together player, which will only be useable, directly on the device. Where not using a genuine Google Chromecast, users will need to use a device that supports BT Sport.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, we need to make this change to protect our sport streams from piracy under our rights agreement.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38

Re: The way you cast BT Sport is changing

Hi,

I have BT Sport App installed on my iPad running Ios 14.4.2 and no longer see the 'cast' icon from within the app.  The same applies to my Android phone, running Android 11.  I normally cast to my Chromecast but don't get this option at the minute.  Are you able to help please?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 38

Not uncommon I'm afraid @NTH1 - try rebooting your Chromecast and your WiFi router and you should find it'll appear with 30 seconds of them both being available again.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 38

I've tried re-booting the Chromecast several times but didn't think about the rooter - that appears to have sorted it for now. Do we know what the actual issue is? Thanks,
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 38

What is being done to allow people who don’t have chrome cast or ability to airplay on their tv to watch the app on LG TVs? Don’t think it’s right to just take away other ways to access your content on your tv.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 38

We're aiming to have an app for LG TVs in time for the new football season, but I can't promise anything I'm afraid.

The best possible chance for getting early access to it would be to register on the BT trials system here: https://bt.centercode.com/key/4BH0KMB8N6H0290W but again, nothing can be promised at this point.

Message 7 of 38

can I ask about absolutely poor quality of French league? Same yesterday and today. Same game on Polish tv looks way better!

7mbps bitrate is not  enough! @DarrenDev 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 38

7Mbps provides 1080p50 - full HD at 50fps. This is our standard HD service, shown 24x7 on our main channels.

I can't comment on the specific matches you were watching @Piotrch , but we've not had any other complaints.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 38

Well if that’s a case then I cancel it. You can find better quality on pirated websites. Sport in Poland is being shown in 14 mbps..jus put BT Espn HD now, Look at the grass..what’s happening!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 38

To be fair I believe others have raised issues with the  HD  quality.

Whether that is due to original broadcast quality , bit rates or compression processes is sometimes difficult to assess. Personally as a viewer I suspect all factors contribute at times. ( I am talking about the multicast channels as much as the app channels)

I do feel that there could be improvements to be made.

0 Ratings