cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

WWE on demand commentary issue

Go to solution

I'm not sure if this is a BT or a WWE or a Sky issue but recently it seems when watching RAW and SmackDown on demand via Sky, the Arabic commentary is coming through alongside the standard English commentary and I have found no way to turn it off.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix to it?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: WWE on demand commentary issue

Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue. It’s so annoying. I also can’t watch the recording as it always has a system failure, where it glitches every couple of minutes. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

I have the same issue. Trying to watch last nights RAW and the commentary is in chinese (i think) and i can't here the actual programme.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution
Has anyone tried calling Sky, or using their forums? Given that this is on their box, you're less likely to get an answer here.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

I don't think this is a Sky issue.

I have tried both online and on the bt app and it is the same.

Does anyone have the contact details for BT and I will contact them.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Ah ok - no one had mentioned it was anything other than Sky.

If it's also affecting BT then it'll be an issue at source - I'll ask our content guys to confirm.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

OK, I've had it confirmed that there was a problem with the global feed from WWE - the wrong audio was provided to all broadcasters. It was reported straight away and resolved part the way into the event.

Unfortunately this is totally out of our control, and we don't have any way to amend the audio on the replay.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
Great thanks for the info. It hasn't done it on the past couple of episodes I've watched so hopefully it stays that way 😁
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
  • Yes I can see on this occasion it was out of BT'S control.  However I have come across this issue several times when downloading Raw or Smackdown whereby you can hear commentary in a different language in the background alongside the main english commentary.  You don't get this issue on the live feed.  There have also been downloads with matches and important segments missing.  I do not recall any of these issues when Sky were broadcasting WWE programs.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

We only receive a single feed @gemini146 which is kept and used for the replays in the BT Sport app. We don't receive any other audio channels - only the single channel provided to us on the global feed. Thus anything you see in the replay was definitely present in the live feed at the time too.

I'm not sure what you mean by downloads? We don't support any download options in the BT Sport app. Also, could you provide an example of what you mean when you say segments are missing?

0 Ratings