cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Openreach text message

I’m awaiting fibre to premises, I have a date for installation confirmed with BT. Today I received two text messages from +44 7786 202608 saying the following.

Hi it's Openreach. We have received your order from BT and will be installing your Full Fibre Broadband on ‘here was the correct date, time and part of my postcode’

Reply CONFIRM if you're happy with these order details or let us know if you would like to update anything.

I think this was a scam but don’t want to miss my installation has anyone else had a message like this prior to installation.

thank you any advise appreciated.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Openreach text message

It would be extremely unlikely to be a scam if the date, time and postcode were correct.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

What kind of Broadband do you have now, i.e. ADSL or VDSL and how fast is it?

I ask because Openreach have now said, as of late this afternoon that anyone with ‘Superfast’ will have their Ultrafast Broadband Installation delayed until the Lockdown is over.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Plusnet. BT have informed me, my appointment is still ok and to ignore and not reply to the text.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

BT have checked for me. I have been told to ignore and not reply to the text.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

@LPStanny wrote:
Plusnet. BT have informed me, my appointment is still ok and to ignore and not reply to the text.

This is a BT Retail Customer Forum. You need to post on the Plusnet user forum.

Plusnet Forum - Index | Community Site

Its Openreach,  not BT Retail which would be providing your service.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

My question was about Openreach and BT as I was moving from Plusnet.
The texts were not official, so ignored.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

I had the same text yesterday and again today with a link to click on. Not happy that it seems BT have managed to compromise my personal data before I've even had my internet installed!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Hi @BrokenSky Have you recently placed an order and have an appointment for an engineer install?  If you have and the appointment details are correct the text messages from Openreach are genuine. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Yes I have an order, I also have a text message actually from BT which states the correct time and date and aligns with what is showing on my account, this phishing text does not state the correct time or date and the link provided is definitely incorrect going by the actual website so I am not going to click it or reply to the text and am going to proceed with what is showing online

0 Ratings