Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaz_j
Digital Team
Message 1 of 26

Service Status - Feedback Wanted

Hey,

I work in the Get Help team over in Digital (see some intros here), and I'm looking for some support so we can continue to improve the experience we offer to you across our platforms.

With this in mind, I have a few questions I'd love answers to:

• What services do you currently have with BT?
  • What does "BT Service status" mean to you?
  • What information do you expect to see in a BT service status web page?
  • Why would you visit a BT service status web page?
  • What's the first thing that you would expect to see in a BT service status web page?
  • Any examples of service status web pages from any service/provider that you have found useful? Why is it useful?

Thanks in advance 😊

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 26

Re: Service Status - Feedback Wanted

Hello @shaz_j,

@shaz_jwrote:

With this in mind, I have a few questions I'd love answers to:

• What services do you currently have with BT?
  • What does "BT Service status" mean to you?
  • What information do you expect to see in a BT service status web page?
  • Why would you visit a BT service status web page?
  • What's the first thing that you would expect to see in a BT service status web page?
  • Any examples of service status web pages from any service/provider that you have found useful? Why is it useful?

Thanks in advance 😊

I'll be more and well & happy to answer your Q&A also too give you feedback:

1. I've got BT Fibre 2 (which is Unlimited) with a Landline.

2. The BT Service status page can indicate if there's any problems in my local area.

3. Just basic stuff really. Like what the Service status page is like, just the Area Code that is down a with description & when it'll be fixed as soon as.

4. If I know if any of my BT services are down that would be the first website that I'll check.

5. The basic stuff really and when it would be fixed by.

6. Well, no not really. I'm with BT 😉.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64  

Ons
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

Get BT cloud working and i will reply
VicP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 26

Why not post a questionaire rather than expect typed responses to each question?

shaz_j
Digital Team
Message 5 of 26

@Anonymous - thank you for your input 😊

shaz_j
Digital Team
Message 6 of 26

@VicP - thank you for the suggestion! I'll do this for future feedback requests.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 26

Hello @shaz_j,

No worries my lovely 😋! Happy to help you & too give you my feedback 🤗.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

JTS1
Expert
Message 8 of 26

I have just spent a considerable length of time trying to provide some carefully worded Feedback that had been requested by the BT Support Team, but when I pressed Submit, a Screen appeared saying something about being Unable to Authenticate and the Screen I had been working on just disappeared.
What should I do to prevent it happening again ?
TheSeasider
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

• What services do you currently have with BT?   Broadband & Landline
  • What does "BT Service status" mean to you?..Letting us Plebs know if there is a Service Outage
  • What information do you expect to see in a BT service status web page? LOCAL (& I stress LOCAL) Service updates
  • Why would you visit a BT service status web page? .. To see if you've broken something ....AGAIN !!!!!
  • What's the first thing that you would expect to see in a BT service status web page?  MY own details & LOCAL outages
  • Any examples of service status web pages from any service/provider that you have found useful? Why is it useful? None really  I'm daft enough to have stayed with BT fer over 40 Years !!!
JTS1
Expert
Message 10 of 26

shaz_j,  I am happy to reply to your request.

1. I have Unlimited BT Fibre 2 with 1T access to BT Cloud and McAfee Security protection, and my landline of course.
  2. I would expect to find a comprehensive list of the Services that BT provides (all users have differing requirement), with Status flags against those that are currently not fully meeting BT's expected high quality standards. 
  3. I would usually go to the Community Forum, as my first port of call, but BT Cloud Version 20.6.1 demonstrates that it can be a moaning outlet, as well as being a place to get other user's help and assistance.  I would therefore go to go to the Service Status page to find out whether the issue was at my end, or BT's end, i.e. my equipment, software, or me. or the service that BT is providing.  BT Helpline may feedback to notify the Service Status, or it may become apparent from messages posted on the Community Forum, where other users may be having similar issues. 
  4.  In a perfect world I would like to see just a comprehensive list of services, otherwise see 2. & 3. Above.
  5.   I have had both good and bad experiences with Service Status.  The good provided clarity in a timely manner, but the bad failed to provide clarity about an issue that they knew about, before I renewed my subscription.  I do not wish to divulge any of these services / providers, but I will say that the latter was from a Website provider that I had subscribed to for 14 years and because of their lack of Service Status information, I immediately terminated my subscription.