cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT only offering Fibre 250 with phoneline?

Hi there,

just looking at potential deals for when I move into new place, BT offering Fibre 250 but only with a phoneline included therefore price is higher. Meanwhile the max I can get with broadband only is Fibre 2 (~73Mbps), is there any way I can get Fibre 250 Broadband without a phoneline?

Many thanks,

M

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT only offering Fibre 250 with phoneline?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Are you possibly confusing phone line and landline. 

You will always need a "landline" as this is the means by which your broadband is delivered to your property whether by copper cable or fibre cable. The cost of this landline is included in the broadband package.

What you can do without is a "landline phone". This means that you do not have to have a telephone package with your broadband package. This means that you will not be able to make or receive phone calls.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Just speculation, but if the Fibre 250 is Gfast ( so not FTTP or VDSL/FTTC ) it’s possible that those Gfast assets are not yet intergrated with DV , so cannot offer what some call ‘no landline’ but is in effect ‘no telephony’ and can be had for a few £ cheaper than broadband with a phone service on FTTP and FTTC ….if someone has FTTP or FTTC broadband only and subsequently wanted telephony they would get DV and be told to use the port on the router , perhaps if they offered no telephony on Gfast connections that subsequently wanted a phone service they would have to reinstate the full copper pair to the exchange from the master socket , so for this reason they don’t offer the no ‘landline’ option, if it’s really that important go for FTTC with no telephony
0 Ratings