cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Being charged £549.97

Can I have some help please and confirmation, as I don't want to be charged  £549.97

I'm out of contract and moving over to another provider and been sent that email, I just need a new email sent for confirmation.

Also need to confirm my line save rental which I've paid will be refunded too.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Being charged £549.97

have you phoned customer service for clarification on why cost so high if out of contract 03301234150?

you will get a refund of your LRS based on complete months remaining after termination date

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Are you sure you're out of contract? That seems like a charge for a long contract left yet

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@jam2000 

According to this post, you renewed your contract in October 2022.

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-BT-Sport/No-BT-Sport-HD-4K/m-p/2258574

Message 5 of 12

Yep phone and broadband out of contract and TV contact ends June this year

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

did you check MYBT to make sure changes last year did not start a new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@jam2000 

On 25-10-2022 you posted.

"I've amended my package to BT Sport and Netflix Ultimate"

That would have started a new broadband contract, as you cannot have those add-ons without starting a new contract, as they both need broadband to work.

Message 8 of 12

@Keith_Beddoe

Why would a change of 'TV' product affect someones broadband contract length?

If that was the case anyone cancelling their 'TV' package would lose their broadband.

Can you explain?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

The contract was upgraded to add Sport and Netflix Ultimate , for those services to be provided, the length of the broadband contract would need to be extended. That is usually mentioned in the T&Cs when any changes to your contract is made.

You could  cancel a TV package, but still keep your broadband, as broadband would not be dependent on the TV.

TV and such, are Value Added Services which are added on to your broadband contract.

I am sure a moderator could clarify this.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I believe Netflix is a 30 day rolling contract but Sport is 24 months. As above, you cannot have Sport without BT Broadband, which is why they also renew your broadband contract when you add Sport.