cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband and billing

If someone could explain this to me, I'd be very grateful because I cannot make heads or tails from it. 

I initially signed up with BT Broadband (Just broadband) 3 months ago with a 24 month contract with a payment plan of £25 p/month. They have since increased this to £35.50 p/month (I was using more than they predicted but only 2 people use the internet) even though I have unlimited broadband. Why is this?

Also, they say I have a debit with them of £46.96 (The way the app explained, I owe this money to BT) but I have always paid my bills on time, so how can I be in some debt with them?

They said if I pay the full £46.96 today, my monthly payments will be reduced to £27.50 or something near there.

Also, my next predicted bill is along the lines of £81.93. I would imagine this is split quarterly and not all in one, right?

I've recently moved out of my parents, I'm 19 and have no clue about the world. So I apologise if my questions are simple but I'm new to all of this. Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband and billing

you need to phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and speak to someone to clarify your billing

you must have received contract confirmation from BT what does that show as the monthly cost?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

That sounds like you're on monthly payment plan & not whole bill direct debit for some reason. I'd have a look at the breakdown & usage, for example is there phone usage or anything that an add on may help with as well? I'd get it looked at as it sounds like the £25 wasn't enough to cover the monthly costs , not aware of a standard bb package from BT at that price either tbh (was 25.99 recently but not 25)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Revolutionary 

If you log on to your MyBT, you should be able to check your plan, your bills and your payments. Although not mentioned, did you, by chance, have a BT account before moving out of your parents home? If so, was it cleared? As said, checking you MyBT will reveal what is going on.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It was definitely £25. I have just checked the billing. I've had nothing but problems with this company from installation, to the Internet outright not providing me with my guaranteed speeds and now the billing.

I appreciate the answer 

0 Ratings