cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT broadband activation

He claimed it was a "new thing" that he's never seen before and he was told when he phoned whoever that they do not activate it anymore until he closes the job. I have called BT and it tells me to put the phone down and respond to the text they sent saying "FAULT" which then prompts them to "run tests" which the engineer already told me come back fine so I can see my about to be going around in circles without getting to speak to somebody.

Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

As @licquorice  has said, its likely to be an activation issue, so reply to the text as requested, and the automatic tests should show a failed activation, and that should be dealt with by BT.

If it come back as fine, then there have to be an error somewhere, as its seeing a different customer, and not you.

Why did it take so long for your service to be provided, were there no free ports in the cabinet?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Thank you,

The length of time was really down to Openreach rather than BT. I tried two other times to order broadband through a different provider and no one would turn up on the days I booked off work. When I would call to find out why they would say Openreach cancelled my orders and they can't tell me/don't know why.

I tried BT as online I discovered they had an obligation to ensure any problems were fixed and for some reason Open reach didn't cancel my order this time.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

I think you should get a text reply to tell you the results of the test.

If you do want to speak to a real person at BT, then just ignore all of the menu options, and you should end up with someone answering the call.

BT pay automatic compensation if activation does not take place.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

My text has come back to say they will send an engineer next week, which is like 2 days before my first bill which is really annoying because I can see me paying without connection.

I've had the activation text and everything to say it has been activated, just no connection. I've also had a notification to say they have taken away my option to leave early without penalty as they couldn't get a broadband speed through the tests.

I'll guess I'll have to wait until next week to see what happens but I'll be refusing to pay when it doesn't work, if I can speak to somebody that is, as the lien with the options just goes dead when I stay on as I have tried that already.

THANK YOU ALL x

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

There must be an error somewhere, perhaps incorrect data, or the wrong port. It does occasionally happen.

You will be paid compensation once its all working. This will show as a credit to your next bill after your first one.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

Please keep this thread updated, as it may need assistance from a moderator, if the issue is not resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Thank you for your help 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

No, it’s a new thing BT/EE are doing and others like Plusnet, TALKTALK have been doing it for years.

Openreach are basically told to prove the lines good with the quoted Sync Speeds and then close off the job.

So sounds like the Openreach Engineers done exactly what’s expected of him.

You used to work on tools back in the old, old days didn’t you? Things change mate, not necessarily for the better.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

They've now decided that they visited BEFORE my engineer appointments and looked at the streets outside box and there's a problem with my "cluster of wires". They're coming next week to apparently fix that, although they told me they knew about it before my engineer came, which is helpful.

Thanks guys

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Not so easy now, with no dial tones to identify pairs.

0 Ratings