cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Cancel upgrade

Hi a couple of days ago I decided to get rid of my phone line as nobody was using it as we all have mobiles and originally I had a phone line to enable broadband but after visiting my son realised you dont have to anymore, anyway story short he is on fibre broadband for £29 .99 a month so thought I would have a look as Im am now a pensioner so money is tight.
What i wanted to do was just stop the phone line and keep the same halo 1 package for broadband but when i went to do that there was only Halo 3 available to me, so did the upgrade not realising I am now just saving £1.00 a month as my the broadband is 49.00 a month, I'm so fed up as I was very happy with my broadband as it was, I did ring up but apparently I cant change it back or change to the £29.99 halo offer as that is only for new customers but can cancel within the 14days but I dont want to lose my broadband or tv package, is there anything I can do please 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cancel upgrade

The information you have been given about cancelling after you have placed an order is correct.

See link

Can I cancel the BT package that I've ordered? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

There is a danger that cancelling could result in the loss of your existing service, as that link only refers to new customer orders. I would be inclined to leave things alone as your price would include the TV service and any subscribed channels.

You do not save anything if you cancel your phone service unless you had an associated calls package, as you still need to pay for the rental of the line which carries your broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

But I dont want to end up with no broadband I just want what I had back but was told I cant do that  as they dont do Halo 1 anymore  😞 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

....... as that link only refers to new customer orders.

Where does it say that it is only for "new" customers orders?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Yes my total monthly is now £64 instead of £65 and the last thing i want to do is lose my broadband even for a day and my other loves his BT sport so I guess thats it, Thank you for reply 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

The guy on the phone said that when I asked about the advert for it 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

"Once you place your order you can cancel anytime up to 14 days after your service starts, or when you receive your equipment (whichever is later).

You need to return any equipment we've sent you. Please make sure it's undamaged and in its original packaging"

To me, it means new customers who does not have service yet.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Yes my total monthly is now £64 instead of £65 and the last thing i want to do is lose my broadband even for a day and my other loves his BT sport so I guess that's it, Thank you for reply 

So the difference in cost is due to the TV package including sport. The basic cost without any extras would be the £29.99.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

"Once you place your order you can cancel anytime up to 14 days after your service starts, or when you receive your equipment (whichever is later).

You need to return any equipment we've sent you. Please make sure it's undamaged and in its original packaging"

To me, it means new customers who does not have service yet.

Your service "starts" on the day your new contract starts and you have 14 days to cancel any contract with BT.

0 Ratings