cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Cancelling an upgrade, returning the equipment and reverting to my old contract.

Hi all, I hope someone can help.  
On 25/4/22 I called into. BT/EE shop to enquire about extending my Wi-Fi to my detached workshop (just meters from the house). I came out of the shop about £20 a month worse off but with the promise of a great things including Wi-Fi to my workshop, an extra set top box fastest broadband etc.  An appointment was made for OpenReach to install everything for me.  When the equipment arrived I was surprised to see that I’d also been upgraded to the latest phone technology with Alexa installed.  Whoopee.
When OpenReach arrived 4 weeks later to install everything, they couldn’t do any of it, I was too far from the poles to upgrade my line, the workshop needed a cable installed to guarantee Wi-Fi and I’d need aerial cable and Ethernet cables for the extra set top box. So the engineer left within 10 minutes.
I cancelled the order straight away (within my 14 days grace period), I was promised a returns bag for the equipment, it didn’t arrive.  I rang after 10 days for another one, that didn’t arrive either.

When my bill came I was charged the extra cost of the set top box etc.  today I contacted them again.  They have no record of me needing to return anything, they acknowledge my cancellation but say my line has been changed and I’m on a new contract.  Nothing has changed here I have not made a new contract but they say they cannot return me to my old contract.

Nothing has physically changed here, I cancelled within the 14 days I refuse to tied into another 2 year contract.

BT do not allow you to contact them by email so that you have a record of the conversation.  WHY! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancelling an upgrade, returning the equipment and reverting to my old contract.

There will be nothing that any of the forum users will be able to do to help with this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem.

Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancelling an upgrade, returning the equipment and reverting to my old contract.

Hi @Daiboy and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your order. I'm sorry it's not what you had hoped for. If you've been moved over to Digital Voice we won't be able to switch you back but I'll need to take a look to double check what's been done. I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings