cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Complaint

As there is no direct email address to the complaints department I am placing my complaint here .

Requested an upgrade to my existing WiFi account has become extremely distressing. 

To date over the last 2weeks I have had 7 telephone conversations ...each take the call has lasted over 60 minutes...therein 7 hours of time.

Alas my upgrade has not yet taken place numerous errors in fact occurred.  

I am distress to find out my billing of this upgrade comes at financial cost ( having been informed no costs would occur) and the billing date commenced today.

My overall customer experience is exceptionally poor.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Complaint

This is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT

you can complain here https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/complaints/make-complaint

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you ...but I want to place a formal written complaint due to the distress this situation has caused.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Why do you expect to upgrade your current package at no additional cost?

What package do you currently have and what package are you trying to upgrade to?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

As a existing BT customer an upgrade as per BT promotional advert states the upgrade comes at no cost.
On 3 separate telephone calls with BT advisors they confirmed with me that this is correct and that I will not be billed for costs.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

This complaint is not solely about billing....my overall customer service from BT has been exceptionally poor.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

BT have a clear complaint code of practise, you have several options to resolve your dissatisfaction, you can read more at www.bt.com/complaints  :

Phone - Speak to an advisor and say you want to raise a complaint, all BT advisors are trained to deal with complaints, if you can't resolve it first point of contact, the advisor will then seek support from their team leader and escalate if needed.

Letter - We aim to respond to complaints within 28 days. It might take longer.
Include your phone number, email address and BT account number.
Send your complaint to:

BT plc
PO Box 334
Sheffield 
S98 1BT

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Yes I am aware of this information..

My point is in this modern technology world BT still require customers to write and post a letter of complaint. This process is not current.

Surely such a large organisation would have a complaints team that manages complaints independent of being a BT advisor ( my experience of this is very poor and further training is required in complaints management) via a email address.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Dee64, sorry that you were given conflicting information when you called to upgrade your package.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to help you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings