cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Confusion over Xbox Game Pass

I always dread having to renew my contract my BT because of their staggering ineptitude and this time has been no different. I'm currently on 300mb and pay £50 a month and was quite happy to continue like that, give or take a few quid, but was quoted £72 a month on renewal. I refused and was told to ring back in a month. I rang back and spoke to someone who offered me 300mb for £45 a month with six months game pass which I accepted and then the following day I was charged £65 even though my previous contract hadn't run out yet. 

I rang back next day and was told the £45 deal didn't exist and that it would be £48 a month with game pass which I agreed to again, set up game pass through the link provided and sat back and waited for the chaos. Sure enough my bill was generated and I was charged £10 by BT for game pass and a further £12 by Microsoft so rather than pay nothing for six months I'm actually paying double. I fought for the credit back but nothing has been resolved so I'm assuming it'll happen again next month so I may as well cancel it or continue to pay twice? Additionally a WiFi extender disc turned up in the post that I never asked for and I was then emailed asking to return it. I did so last week and have since received three emails threatening that unless I return it I'll have to pay £30 for equipment I've failed to send back. 

Last night then I received an email listing various new deals on an email claiming my contract was running out, none of which I was offered over the phone when renewing. To say it's a shambles is an understatement considering I just wanted to continue on at 300mb or pay a little more for 500mb, it should've been the easiest transaction in the world but somehow BT managed to complicate it on a staggering level. The question now is; do I just cancel the game pass and continue paying Microsoft, safe in the knowledge that at least everything will be normal, or hold out and hope that it gets sorted and fighting for my £10 credit back every month while paying Microsoft for the service anyway? Bravo BT, you've done it again.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Confusion over Xbox Game Pass

there is two things under your mirosoft account one is payed by provider one by you make sure you cancel one you can cancel the bt one in my bt just move it to not renew or just cancel one of them you don't need both bt change you a £10 for theres with mirosoft changes £12 just cancel the mirosoft one and keep the bt one £2 cheaper then mircosoft its your chose were you renew it with
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Confusion over Xbox Game Pass

Thanks for the reply mate, I'll give that a go.

0 Ratings