cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Contract Clarification

Go to solution

Hi Everyone.

I have a question about my current contract and upgrading that there seems to be no full or clear answer. Basically whats going on is my current contract ends mid January as my first year as a BT customer. I still have 2 more monthly bills to pay in this time. But I plan to stay and just upgrade my broadband for whatever better offer I choose. 

Heres the thing, I know if I cancel any contract I need to pay a cancellation fee. But what if I go on to upgrade to a new broadband/offer right now? Will my current contract end even though I have 2 months of bills left and my brand new contract will start? Or will my current contract continue to charge me until mid January AS WELL AS the new contract amount? (basically 2 bill amounts) and what would be the best time to upgrade in my case? Any help would be magic thanks guys 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Contract Clarification

Go to solution

Normally contract is 24 months not 12 so are you sure it ends next year?  You can upgrade anytime and your new 24 month contract will supersede your exiting contract so you only pay for new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Definitely ends Mid January 2024. Thats 100%. Its just clarification on when would the best time to upgrade would be In my situation. And how the bills work. Can you elaborate more on that please? Thanks mate! 🙂

(edit- Just to add, I meant in general this is my first contract as a BT customer. Not my first year.)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

As @imjolly has said, you can upgrade any time to either an offer you like in My BT or you can negotiate on the phone.

So your current contract will be terminated by the renewal with no fees to pay.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

No worries.

one last thing. Say I were to buy a new upgrade right now. I would expect a new box to arrive asap. Will my current Wifi Box work if I upgrade right now and will I be without wifi until the new box arrives? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Assuming by “box” you mean router/Hub, you won’t receive a replacement unless it’s necessary. If you don’t already have a Smart Hub 2 & upgrade to full fibre or digital voice, you’ll receive one before activation of the new service. Otherwise you’ll continue with what you have.