cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Contract renewal

My current contract is due for renewal in the next couple of weeks.

Currently on Fibre 1 and looking to change to Fibre 2, not in a position to go full fibre yet.

Gone through the upgrade process online and got to the end of checkout where it states there is a £11.99 delivery charge and wants to book an appointment for an engineer visit.

I don’t use my current HH so don’t need a new one. Also what would the engineer visit be for?

Also noticed the email states you don’t have to do anything to automatically renew. Is that true?

Current broadband is FTTC.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contract renewal

Can you enter your phone number or if no number then use address and post results including all the notes. This will show what is available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I already know what services I can get, useful link though.

The issue is why does an engineer need to visit when I already have BT broadband and nothing is changing, just trying to renew the contract with the same service I have now?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Because maybe your area is now FFTP only, meaning any contract upgrade or renewal will have to be on FTTP. Which is why @imjolly asked for the information that you declined to provide, so we can only guess.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It will be an automated response that you received when you tried to order.

If you are changing from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 and are using the same infrastructure, ie. FTTC  you will not need to have an engineer visit and if you already have a Smarthub 2 you will not need to have a new hub. 

What you should be aware of is that if your present package does not reach the maximum speed for Fibre 1, changing to Fibre 2 will not give you any more speed hence the reason you were asked by @imjolly to run the checker to see if you will get an increase in speed and if not you will be wasting your money moving to Fibre 2.

It will also show if you are presently using FTTC and if you are in an FTTP area that you will be most likely be changed to FTTP and it will necessitate an engineer visit.

0 Ratings