cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Cut off from broadband & home phone due to BT/EE error - no-one will own problem & no complaints sys

There must be someone who can help please.

We tried to take out a new contract with BT but were told we had to go with EE. EE did not start the contract at beginning of March as had been confirmed in an email. We rang to complain at the end of April because we noticed on our bank statement that BT had not only charged us the last two months but had put the price up. We were told that an account had been set up in my name (the wife) which could not be activated but nobody told us. The problem would be resolved. The 'guide' told my husband that it was his wife's fault (that's me) because she had previously had an account with BT! My husband asked to be returned to BT.

Instead of the problem being resolved and our account (my husbands) being returned to BT our broadband and home phone was cut off. We have between us spent over 8 hours on phone calls, mostly on hold, to various people who were mostly utterly uninterested. Three people have claimed they would own and resolve the problem but  they become uncontactable. We have asked repeatedly for John Lynch to call us back and James Warwick refuses to respond to  emails. BT complaints page online has had a fault for at least 4 days so I cannot check the current complaint or register a new one.

Added to this our EE mobile signal has become as good as useless due to a problem in our area. So I have spent a whole afternoon today trying to find out what is going on whilst each phone call drops out several times. Sometimes I got called back but often like Peter earlier in the day they do not call back despite being asked to at the start of the conversation. It took 4 attempts to talk to a tech person about the fault - 4 x RETRY as they tried to call me whilst I sit in my garden where the appalling signal is a little less appalling. Nial also tries to help me with my broadband issue and incorrectly blames me for not updating my marital status. I then spend another hour trying to set up my EE to double check my details - of course this doesn't work becauseI have no broadband and mobile signal is so very bad. I finally manage several aborted calls to a lady who confirms my mobile account is indeed in my married name.

So nobody at BT/EE can sort out why we have no broadband and home phone other than to try and blame me, the customer, for something that is totally their error. All this whilst also having an unusable mobile. We have many important reasons to need these services and at no point did we ask for my husbands account to be put in my maiden name. Many of the communications have been totally unprofessional as if the whole show is run by children who don't give a damn. Those who have tried to be more professional seem to duck out quickly. Really shocking.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Cut off from broadband & home phone due to BT/EE error - no-one will own problem & no co

@Joolzw 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators who may be able to help.

BT Retail and EE are two separate companies in the BT Group. EE have their own user forum for EE customers. You could have stayed with BT Retail as its not compulsory to move to EE, but the sales teams encourage it, especially if you already have other services with EE.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Re: Cut off from broadband & home phone due to BT/EE error - no-one will own problem & no complai...

Hi @Joolzw,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry your switch over to EE didn't go smoothly. I understand from your post the order has been canceled and you've moved back to BT. I'd need to take a look at your account to be able to work out what has gone wrong,

I have sent you a private message with instructions for contacting the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Re: Cut off from broadband & home phone due to BT/EE error - no-one will own problem & no co

Good luck. This is one reason I never switch or take out contracts as things seem to go wrong so often. Better the devil you know even if more expensive sometimes.

Message 5 of 17

That is what we were advised we were doing. Everything was supposed to be the same. We were advised EE & BT were the same.

When we were cut off by BT I discovered by checking our address at the EE website,  EE cannot even provide broadband at our address so they should never have even attempted it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@Joolzw 

Hopefully @PaddyB  should be able to sort this out, provided you have responded privately to his message.

I am sure there must be some form of incentive for the helpdesk teams to migrate people from BT Retail to EE. It would be far better if only new customers were offered EE, and not re-contracting ones, unless they want a total regrade of their existing services.

The other issue which is likely to cause issues, is that its in effect, a cease and re-provide. If its an FTTC connection, and the cabinet is full, then the cease will release the port to another customer who is waiting, and it will then mean that you would lose your connection.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Broadband & home phone cut off. EE couldn't actually provide service to my address that was using BT

Any comments on this would be gratefully received.

In renewing our contract with BT we were advised we needed to go with EE to get best deal. We were nervous but were assured that we didn't need to do anything the change would be seamless and the service would be exactly the same. 

The service did not start on the start date, we saw we'd been overcharged for two months We chased it up and 2 days after the EE contract started we were simply cut off! The two days when I believe we had EE the broadband was so bad it was like old fashioned dial up from years ago.

I then checked the EE website to see what is came up with for service at our address (I did this independently of the EE account) and EE broadband was not available at our address!!! What an absolute joke.

We are now without Broadband or home phone and to add insult to injury for the past few weeks our EE mobile signal has gone from bad to worse. There is a fault on a 'Tower" in our area that will not be fixed anytime soon. It took 4 attempts for a technical guy to contact me because the calls instantly dropped out. 4 times using RETRY and then him calling me back as calls dropped out. Our households mobile phones are with EE and are pretty much unusable for several miles around the area we live. Is this what called a perfect storm?

There is so much more to this issue but I'll bore you no more

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

I have no private messages?

We are now not with BT or EE  both have been cut off. We definitely have not at any point asked to be cut off just to put us back to where we were before this mess occurred. 

If I do manage to get hold of anyone helpful on 150 they just put me through to sales who are unable to advise us what speeds we will get on the 24 month contract that they insist we must now take out. Sales have so far not answered questions about what contract they are actually offering us, just price and 24 months.

Added to this our EE mobile signal is totally unusable and will be like this for at least another 7 days. But that's another story.......

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

did you select the link Private Message in @PaddyB  post  as that will take you to his message

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Yes thank you I did use the link but I have no messages

0 Ratings