cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 32

Re: Do BT downgrade fibre speeds if you move to BT essentials package?

Go to solution

@Mahenur wrote:

Bt definitely do cap speeds on the home essentials packages. Was with sky before called ‘sky super fast’ always got speeds around 60+ download and close to 20mb upload. However, when I moved to bt home essentials fibre 2 speeds have been capped at 55mb download and 10mb upload. I am not the only one as others have mentioned aswell on here?

You are posting on an old thread  however if you are getting 55Mbps down and 10Mbps that is because you would appear to be on the Fibre One Essential package which only allows those speeds.

If you want 60+ and 20 Mbps you should be on the Fibre 2 Essential package which would allow the speeds that you had. 

If you are paying for the Fibre 2 Essentials package you should check that that is what is showing in your MyBT and if it is then you have been placed onto the wrong profile and it can be changed to give you the correct package speeds.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 32

Re: Do BT downgrade fibre speeds if you move to BT essentials package?

Go to solution

@gg30340 

@Mahenur is posting on different threads and I moved some to start their own thread as they are causing confusion. Just need information I requested on their own thread to make some progress and see what is attainable and what actual speed is currently 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Re-Possible-Home-Essential-Fibre-2-Speed-Capped/m-p/2...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.