cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Early Termination Offer.

Good Morning all. 

I spoke via chat last week to staff in the billing / accounts team who advised me what my total disconnection fee would be as I'm a few months early. He then gave me a number to call, as he said he could not close via chat. I really don't like making phone calls so if I let my new provider do the switch for me will I just get sent the final bill by BT automatically? 

Thanks in advance for any replies.  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Early Termination Offer.

@dksglenwrote:

I really don't like making phone calls so if I let my new provider do the switch for me will I just get sent the final bill by BT automatically?   

Hi @dksglen   You should always let your new provider handle the switch for you. That is the way switching works. If you cancel your old provider (BT) then that complicates the whole process completely and can mess up the switch. BT will send you your final bill automatically.

Message 3 of 7

@VeteranISPUser thanks. I think I will do that, just want clarity on the billing option first. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@dksglen 

Also worth checking if your new provider will contribute to any early termination costs, some do.

I can’t link to an example here as it isn’t allowed, but a Google of “credit for switching broadband” should give you a clue.

Sounds like you have made your mind up, so might as well get the most out if it if available from your new ISP.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@stereohaven 

Thanks. Yes that's one of the options depending on the package I take 

Message 6 of 7

It’s not clear what you are asking , but it’s effectively 2 things

If you are joining a new provider and leaving your BT Contract early , then you ( not your new company ) will be liable for any early termination charges ( that’s fairly obvious ) , if the new company has offered to ‘pay’ the ETC on your behalf, they don’t pay BT , you do , they presumably put a credit on your account ( with them ) to cover the ETC amount, as that will vary depending on the individual customer the company offers this inducement to , it presumably means you show them your final BT bill with the ETC shown on it before they credit your account with them .

Cancelling your BT service apparently was not done when you were on ‘BT chat’  , so you will need to do that yourself if your new provider is an Alt Net ( or Virgin) , if your new provider also uses Openreach then they service notice on your behalf ,  if your new provider is not Openreach based , you need to provide 30 days notice to cancel your BT service and any ETC will be on the final BT bill

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@iniltous 

Thanks. I thought I'd made sense. 

For clarity.  Nothing was cancelled on chat. 

I have an early termination fee figure, in writing from BT 

My new provider is not paying this at all, due to the package. 

My new provider will do the cancellation and switch. Thanks. 

0 Ratings